VRKidz is a place where children ages 10 to 12 come to explore the world in ways they've never imagined! Whether they are creating whole new worlds with sculpting, building their leadership skills in our virtual sports activities, or learning science through experiments they can't do in a classroom; VRKidz has engaging and unique activities they'll want to come back for over and over again!
Our low camper to instructor ratio means every child receives the attention and guidance they need. These caring and knowledgeable instructors will guide the children through structured activities throughout the day, with lots of free play time at the end of the day for them to explore at their own pace.
Our Intro to VR camp provides high tech, hands-on experiences for your child to explore the world of virtual reality! Your child will learn all about virtual reality and how it works, before being guided through some of our unique group activities by our highly qualified instructors. Our low instructor to camper ratio means every child gets the attention and support they need to succeed in VR.
Each camper at our summer camp will be in a team with two others that they will be sharing a VR station with for the day. They will be taking turns in and out of the headset, with one person playing at a time and two people able to watch and learn from the outside. Campers not in the headset will be able to engage with the activities in VR through active communication with their teammates, watching the action on the screens and engaging with our instructors. We have found this method to be the most effective for problem solving and learning teamwork skills in VR.
Here at VRKidz, we encourage our campers to push their creativity into the future with digital painting and abstract problem solving. We also encourage communication and leadership skills through practice and coaching in our sports activities.
- Masterpiece VR enables aspiring and professional artists to create sophisticated 3D artworks and models in immersive virtual reality environments. With a pallet of tools at their disposal, users can sculpt and manipulate volumes in mid air as well as paint within a 3D space.
- Fantastic Contraption is a creative platform and building tool with realistic physics. It offers kids the opportunity to use their problem solving skills to solve complex puzzles by building machines that are up to the challenge! Kids will learn basic engineering principles and be able to see the results in real time.
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is an interactive experience that requires a team of kids to work together using their reading and communication skills to save the world! Each kid will be responsible for their own individual task and will need to adapt to the challenges using their critical thinking skills.
- Rec Room has a variety of activities to choose from, and we’ll be focusing mainly on big games of paintball to encourage teamwork and leadership among team members. Kids will be coaching each other and cheering their teams on in this highly active and strategic team building game!
On the final day of camp, on July 20, we invite parents to come out to our final event at 3:30pm - 5:00pm to play VR with our campers! Let your children show you what they’ve learned, introduce you to their new friends, and experience the wonders of VR for yourself.
LUNCHES & ALLERGY ACCOMMODATION
Our campers are required to bring their own lunches, keeping in mind we strive to be a peanut free facility and do our best to accommodate allergies. As a result, VRKidz prohibits all nut products in our facility. Please do not include any of the following in your child’s lunch:
- Peanut butter
- All tree nuts
- Any product with may contain traces of nuts
DROP OFF AND PICKUP POLICY
Anyone picking up a child from our venue must be on the camp’s registration form as a guardian or must have written notice from the parent. Photo ID must be presented each day before your camper can be released from our care. The name on the ID must match the name provided in the parent/guardian 1 and 2 fields or in the notes field on your camper’s application.
You may drop your child off starting at 8:30am and pick them up as late as 3:30pm. Please note that a charge of $1 per minute will apply to children picked-up after 3:30pm who have not pre-registered for Extended Care.
Extended Care is available from 8:00 am until 8:30am, and 3:30pm until 4:00pm. Children will participate in a range of activities from arts and crafts, books and games. We can accommodate early drop off for $12.50, and late pick up for $25.00. Any time after 4:00pm will be billed at $1 per minute on arrival. Please let us know 48 hours in advance if you require Extended Care by contacting us at email@example.com or through phone at 647-946-4331.
- 09:00am - Drop Off
- 09:30am - Introduction to Virtual Reality
- 10:00am - Structured Group Activity #1
- 12:00pm - Lunch
- 01:00pm - Structured Group Activity #2
- 02:30pm - Free Play
- 03:00pm - Pickup
- March 26th - Registration Begins
- April 31st - Early Bird Registration Closes
- July 1st - All Registration Closes
- July 16th - 20th - VRKidz Camp
*Special Early Bird Offer* $349 + tax when you register before April 31, 2018!
Regular Price $389 + tax.
Summer VR Camp 2018
Session B is all about high-energy teamwork and communication skills, a great day to make new friends with other campers! Children will be working together to solve complex puzzles, as well as cheering each other on in virtual sports challenges!
Date: July 16th ~ 20th
Age Range: 10 ~ 12 years old
Early Bird Price: $349.00 + HST